In the first year, the Core curriculum is taught in four sequential workshops spread across the year, matching the developmental trajectory of children’s growing skills. This two day training is the first in the series. The four workshop format is supplemented throughout the year by virtual technical assistance, webinars and support through our innovative app based learning system, the iScaffold. Teachers have ongoing support, and a range of ways to learn.
What will teachers learn?
- How to embed practice in self-regulated learning into all activities
- Strategies to help children improve the quality of their make-believe play–critical for self-regulation development
- New research-based literacy and math activities that incorporate self-regulatory components
- Classroom management techniques to maximize time, facilitate productive interactions and increase and maintain student engagement
- Cutting edge research and the underlying Vygotskian theory that can unify and guide their teaching practice and help teachers meet the needs of all learners
Who can register?
This workshop series is designed for preschool teachers, paraprofessionals and related support staff in programs and schools seeking research-based innovative approach to curriculum that impacts children’s self-regulation development at the same time it builds foundational literacy and numeracy skills.
- Tuesday, August 8, 2016
- Wednesday, August 9, 2016
- Thursday, October 24, 2016
- Friday, January 17, 2017
- Tuesday, March 23, 2017