In the first year, the Core Curriculum is taught in four sequential workshops spread across the year, matching the developmental trajectory of children’s growing skills.
The first two-day session is delivered in the summer prior to the start of school. Each of the remaining three workshops is a one-day session with the second workshop occurring in the fall, the third in the winter, and the fourth and final workshop taking place in the spring. Each workshop builds on the one before it, and all four are required.
In addition to the Year 1 Core content, our four-workshop series is supplemented throughout the year by virtual technical assistance, live webinars, and support through our innovative app based learning system, the iScaffold. Teachers have ongoing support and a range of ways to learn.
What will teachers learn?
- How to embed practice in self-regulated learning into all activities
- Strategies to help children improve the quality of their make-believe play–critical for self-regulation development
- New research-based literacy and math activities that incorporate self-regulatory components
- Classroom management techniques to maximize time, facilitate productive interactions and increase and maintain student engagement
- Cutting edge research and the underlying Vygotskian theory that can unify and guide their teaching practice and help teachers meet the needs of all learners
Who can register?
This workshop series is designed for kindergarten teachers, paraprofessionals and related support staff in programs and schools seeking research-based innovative approach to curriculum that impacts children’s self-regulation development at the same time it builds foundational literacy and numeracy skills.
The cost per person for the entire series is $1,650. This includes a set of curriculum manuals and subscription to the iScaffold.
- August 28 & 29, 2017
- October 19, 2017
- December 1, 2017
- March 15, 2018