- November 6, 2019
- March 4, 2020
The Year 2 Core Certification Track workshop series includes two full-day workshops for teachers, assistant teachers and educational leadership, the first occurs in the fall and the second in late winter or spring. In the Year 2 Core, teachers will refine their implementation of the Tools of the Mind program through a focus on developing our 5 core teaching capabilities. Year 2 Certification Track training prepares teachers to engage in Tools of the Mind’s endorsement process, and opens the door to participate in regional Community of Practice events.
This two-workshop series is supplemented by individualized Technical Assistance support, a school year long subscription to eTools and iScaffold for each participant and a school year long subscription to PowerTools for each registered classroom.
What will teachers learn?
- Tools of the Mind’s 5 Core Teaching Capabilities:
- -Responsive differentiation of instruction
- -Classroom practices to support self-regulation development
- -Facilitating powerful make-believe play & playful learning
- -Developing an inclusive Tools’ classroom culture with a focus on peer scaffolding
- Case Studies––Using student data to plan and individualize instruction
- How to develop a reflective Tools’ teaching practice and engage in setting and meeting goals to support strong child outcomes and prepare for endorsement
- How to apply the Tools approach to partnering with parents
Who can register?
This workshop series is designed for K teachers, paraprofessionals and related support staff in schools that have previously completed our Year 1 Core training and are seeking to enhance their current Tools’ practices and grow their expertise in Tools’ core teaching capabilities to impact strong child outcomes in their program.
We encourage programs to send lead and assistant teaching teams to our workshops together. Programs that wish to add additional specialists providing support in Tools’ classrooms can be added for an additional cost.
The cost is $3000 per classroom which includes:
- 2 days of in-person professional development––this includes the lead teacher and option to include one assistant or support teacher
- Technical Assistance with a Tools of the Mind Partnership Development Manager or Specialist assigned to your program
- K Year 2 Core Binder with workshop activities and resources for each participant
- School year long iScaffold and eTools subscriptions for each participant
- 1 PowerTools subscription per registered classroom timed to coordinate with rollout of small group reading instruction in Tools’ K program
Additional TA may also be purchased. Individualized Technical Assistance helps coaches, administrators, and teachers build a deeper understanding of the Tools of the Mind philosophy. In TA sessions, Tools of the Mind partners with sites to reflect on children’s engagement in Tools activities and provide feedback on next steps using Tools tactics and approach to support children’s development.
Are you registering 2 or more classrooms? If so, you can receive a free seat for your program administrator or coach at our Year 2 Core professional development workshops, and they will receive a free school year long eTools & iScaffold subscription.