The Year Two Core Professional Development includes two full-day workshops, the first occurs in the fall and the second in late winter or spring. In the Year Two Core, teachers will refine their implementation of the Tools of the Mind program through a focus on developing our 5 Core Teaching Capabilities.
This two-workshop series is supplemented by individualized Technical Assistance support, and school-year subscription to eTools with iScaffold, for each participant and a school-year long subscription to PowerTools for each registered classroom.
What will teachers learn?
- How to strengthen application of Tools theory in all teaching and learning interactions
- The Tools of the Mind 5 Core Teaching Capabilities:
- Responsive differentiation of instruction
- Classroom practices to support self-regulation development
- Facilitating powerful make-believe play & playful learning
- Developing an inclusive Tools’ classroom culture with a focus on peer scaffolding
- How to use case studies and child data to plan and individualize instruction
- How to develop a reflective Tools’ teaching practice and engage in setting and meeting goals to support strong child outcomes
- How to apply the Tools approach to partnering with parents
Who can register?
This workshop series is designed for K teachers, paraprofessionals and related support staff in schools that have previously completed our Year One Core professional development and are seeking to enhance their current Tools’ practices and grow their expertise in Tools’ core teaching capabilities to impact strong child outcomes in their program.
We encourage programs to send lead and assistant teaching teams to our workshops together. Programs that wish to add additional specialists providing support in Tools’ classrooms can be added for an additional cost.
The cost is $3,000 per classroom which includes:
- 2 days of in-person professional development––for a lead teacher with option for 1 assistant or support teacher
- Technical Assistance from a Tools of the Mind Partnership Development Manager or Specialist for programs registering 3 or more classrooms
- K Year Two Core Workbook with workshop activities and resources for each participant
- 1 school-year subscription to eTools with iScaffold for each registered participant
- Complimentary PowerTools and Developmental Writing Assessment (DWA) 2020-2021 classroom licenses for each registered classroom
Additional TA may also be purchased. Individualized Technical Assistance helps coaches, administrators, and teachers build a deeper understanding of the Tools of the Mind philosophy. In TA sessions, Tools of the Mind partners with sites to reflect on children’s engagement in Tools activities and provide feedback on next steps using Tools tactics and approach to support children’s development.
Are you registering 3 or more classrooms? If so, you can receive a free seat for your program administrator or coach at our Year Two Core professional development workshops, and they will receive a free school year long eTools & iScaffold subscription.