Tools of the Mind’s Kindergarten Year Three Core Workshop is a 1-day workshop designed to prepare teachers to engage in Tools of the Mind’s endorsement process, and opens the door to presenting in Community of Practice events. In this workshop, teachers and coaches are introduced to the Tools’ fidelity instrument and endorsement process, have the opportunity to reflect on practice in other classrooms and their own, and prepare for endorsement in spring, 2021.
Participants in the Year Three Core Workshop receive an invitation to attend our Community of Practice events for free and receive a school-year subscription to eTools with iScaffold and complimentary Developmental Writing Assessment (DWA) classroom license for each registered classroom in school year 2020-2021.
What will teachers learn?
- How to reflect on and strengthen implementation of Tools 5 Core Teaching Capabilities to improve outcomes for every child and increase joy in teaching
- How to use the Tools fidelity instrument as part of a reflective Tools teaching practice
- How to prepare for and complete Tools’ endorsement
Who can register?
This workshop series is designed for K teachers and paraprofessionals that have previously completed our Year Two Core Professional Development and are seeking to become endorsed Tools teachers with mastery of the skills they need to support strong child outcomes in their classrooms.
The cost is $1,500 per classroom which includes:
- 1 day of in-person or live virtual professional development — for a lead teacher with option to include 1 assistant teacher from each classroom
- A Tools of the Mind Partnership Development Manager or Specialist assigned to your program to provide support
- Kindergarten Year Three Workbook with workshop activities and resources for each participant
- 1 school-year subscription to eTools with iScaffold for each registered participant
- Complimentary 2020-2021 PowerTools and Developmental Writing Assessment (DWA) classroom licences for each registered classroom
- An invitation to attend 2021 Community of Practice events for free
- Endorsement processing fees