In the first year, the Core curriculum is taught in four sequential workshops spread across the year, matching the developmental trajectory of children’s growing skills. This two day, in-person training is the first in the series. The next three sessions will be delivered virtually, so you do them on your own in the comfort of your own location! This Blended Learning model means reduced travel costs and less time away from your classrooms. Please note that you will need access to a computer and high-speed internet access to participate fully in the Blended Learning model.
In addition to the Year 1 Core content, the four-workshop series is supplemented throughout the year by virtual technical assistance, live webinars, and support through our innovative app based learning system, the iScaffold. Teachers have ongoing support and a range of ways to learn.
What will teachers learn?
- How to embed practice in self-regulated learning into all activities
- Strategies to help children improve the quality of their make-believe play–critical for self-regulation development
- New research-based literacy and math activities that incorporate self-regulatory components
- Classroom management techniques to maximize time, facilitate productive interactions and increase and maintain student engagement
- Cutting edge research and the underlying Vygotskian theory that can unify and guide their teaching practice and help teachers meet the needs of all learners
Who can register?
This workshop series is designed for preschool teachers, paraprofessionals and related support staff in programs and schools seeking research-based innovative approach to curriculum that impacts children’s self-regulation development at the same time it builds foundational literacy and numeracy skills. Participants who choose to register for a Blended Learning session must have access to a computer, high-speed internet access and the ability to complete 3 additional workshop modules during the school year virtually.
- August 8, 2017 In-Person Onsite in Milwaukee!
- August 9, 2017 In-Person Onsite in Milwaukee!
- October 2, 2017 1st module opens – Virtually at your location, so you choose the date!
- January 8, 2018 2nd module opens – Virtually at your location, so you choose the date!
- March 12, 2018 2nd module opens – Virtually at your location, so you choose the date!