In this Tools of the Mind PreK Year 1 training series, the Core Curriculum is taught through five sequential workshops, matching the developmental trajectory of children’s growing skills. Each workshop builds on the one before it, and all five are required.
In addition to the Year 1 Core content, our five-workshop series is supplemented by live or virtual technical assistance, and support through our innovative app based learning system, iScaffold and our online teacher resource eTools. Teachers have ongoing support and a range of ways to learn through the end of the 2020 school year.
What will teachers learn?
- How to embed practice in self-regulated learning into all activities
- Strategies to help children improve the quality of their make-believe play, critical for self-regulation development
- New research-based literacy and math activities that incorporate self-regulatory components
- Classroom management techniques to maximize time, facilitate productive interactions and increase and maintain student engagement
- Cutting edge research and the underlying Vygotskian theory that can unify and guide their teaching practice and help teachers meet the needs of all learners
Who can register?
This workshop series is designed for preschool teachers, paraprofessionals and related support staff in programs and schools seeking research-based innovative approach to curriculum that impacts children’s self-regulation development at the same time it builds foundational literacy and numeracy skills.
What does it cost?
The cost is $3,750 per classroom which includes:
- 5 days of in-person professional development for lead and assistant teach team
- Virtual or in-person Technical Assistance by a Tools of the Mind trainer
- 1 Teacher Manual/classroom
- 2 iScaffold 12-month subscriptions
Outside of the classroom team registered, additional attendees may be added at a cost of $2000 per attendee which includes the 12-month subscription to iScaffold and eTools. These additional attendees can be additional assistants in the classroom, support staff, coaches, and/or administrators. There is no Technical Assistance provided for additional attendees, however additional TA visits may also be purchased. Note: Programs can only add additional attendees if they have at least 1 classroom registered.
Are you registering 3 or more classrooms? If so, you can receive a free seat for your program administrator at our professional development workshops as well as a free iScaffold subscription for that administrator. Please include it on the registration form when you sign up!
- December 12, 2018
- March 19, 2019
- September 18, 2019
- November 20, 2019
- March 18, 2020