- July 30, 2019
- July 31, 2019
- October 9, 2019
- December 4, 2019
- February 12, 2020
In the first year, the Core Curriculum is taught in four workshops spread across the year, matching the developmental trajectory of children’s growing skills.
The first workshop is two sequential days with a focus on Tools’ theory and practice that typically takes place before the school year begins. Each of the remaining three workshops is a one-day session. The second workshop takes place in the fall, the third in the winter, and the fourth and final workshop takes place in the spring. Each workshop builds on the one before it, and teachers attend all of the workshops as part of their Year 1 Core training.
In addition to the Year One Core content, our four-workshop series is supplemented by Technical Assistance support, and a school year long subscription to our innovative app based learning system for teachers, iScaffold. Teachers have ongoing support and a range of ways to learn with Tools of the Mind.
What will teachers learn?
- Cutting-edge research and the underlying Vygotskian theory that will unify and guide their teaching practice and help teachers meet the needs of all learners
- How to embed self-regulated learning into all activities
- Research-based core curriculum content aligned with state standards as well as with commonly used observation and assessment tools (e.g. ECERS, CLASS, or Teaching Strategies Gold)
- How to plan instruction using make-believe play themes to build background knowledge, self-regulation development and incorporate authentic math and literacy learning experiences
- Classroom management techniques to maximize time, facilitate productive interactions and increase and maintain student engagement
Who can register?
This workshop series is designed for preschool teachers, paraprofessionals and related support staff in programs seeking a research-based, innovative approach to curriculum that impacts children’s self-regulation development at the same time as it builds foundational literacy and numeracy skills.
We encourage programs to send lead and assistant teaching teams to our workshops together. Programs that wish to add additional specialists providing support in Tools’ classrooms can be added for an additional cost.
The cost is $3,750 per classroom which includes:
- 5 days of in-person professional development––this includes the lead teacher and one assistant or support teacher
- Technical Assistance from a Tools of the Mind Partnership Development Manager or Specialist assigned to your program
- Curriculum manuals–– 1 print manual set per registered classroom; additional print manual sets can be ordered, and each registered participant has access to our electronic manual edition via their iScaffold subscription
- PreK Year 1 Core Binder with workshop activities and resources for each participant
- School year long iScaffold and eTools subscriptions for each participant
Additional TA may also be purchased. Individualized Technical Assistance helps coaches, administrators, and teachers build a deeper understanding of the Tools of the Mind approach. In TA sessions, Tools of the Mind partners with sites to reflect on children’s engagement in Tools’ activities and provides feedback on next steps using Tools’ tactics to support children’s development.
Are you registering 2 or more classrooms? If so, you can receive a free seat at our professional development workshops for your program administrator or coach, and they will receive a free school year long iScaffold subscription.
Registration Opening Soon!